Thursday, April 10, 2008

Summertime



This is one of my favorite teachers (HS special ed) and her daughter spending some time away from school. It drives me crazy that people think teachers don't work in the summer. Boy, I did when I was a teacher and so did (and still do) my friends. It was nice to set my own schedule in the summer, but I thought I deserved that after 9 months of being driven by the needs of middle schoolers. Anyway, what do you do in the summer? What would you LIKE to do in the summer? Let us know!

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

Besides chasing around with my two boys, I try to do a lot of planning. I take ideas and let them brew in my head and then sit down at the computer and put them together in a workable format.

Besides that I read and read some more. Having added another building to my librarian duties, I will have three sets of books nominated for students to read and vote on. I like to read them so that I can converse with students, make recommendations, and know what they are reading and enjoying.